In near future, EV charge points will be expected in most parking spaces. Businesses need a secure, and easily deployed certification solution that makes EV charging management easy. The key to a successful implementation depends on hardware, software, service and how they all work together.
A RFID* reader using Near-Field Communication (NFC) is integrated with the charging dock. EV charging stations use this technology to verify access of authorized users. The RFID reader certifies the user via a RFID card/key fob and sends a signal to the charging dock to turn on the charging process.
► Benefits of using an RFID reader by iDTRONIC
- It provides a simple, fast and convenient integration into the charging facilities
- It is the latest HF | NFC contactless reader technology and support 98% of all available IC types
- Easy customization of firmware and hardware ist possible
► Cards and keyfobs
RFID cards and keyfobs can be used as a credential to unlock the charging station. iDTRONIC offers a wide variety of RFID transponder options which can be personalized. (User data encoding, print of logos and user data).
- Our readers are available as housed or embedded versions. Depending on the circumstances, the integrator can use the most suitable device for his application
- The readers are available with a wide range of interfaces such as USB-HID, USB-PC/SC, USB VCOM, TTL or MODBUS RTU
- Several versions offers integrated I/O’s or status LED’s for a more convenient use case
► Internal / External antenna
- Readers with external antennas are the most flexible solution. It enables the integrator to optimize reading ranges under critical conditions
- Readers with integrated antennas come as ready to go products which allows the integrator a fast and easy integration
iDTRONIC will provide you with an ongoing support after your purchase including technical support, performance optimization, reconfigurations and upgrades and SDK – software development kit. If there is need to add new transponder technologies in coming years, RFID devices can be easily upgraded for new technologies.
Our RFID readers contain popular encryption engines such as AES, DES & 3DES that can be accessed by means of high-level APIs to prevent the risk of card cloning or data interception. It is also possible to implement custom encryption schemes on the reader.
► RFID Readers by iDtronic:
Product information: Embedded HF/NFC RFID Reader M900 Series
Product information: Embedded HF/NFC RFID Reader R835 Series
Product information: Wall Reader HF/NFC ID-Access 500